The BioHack Academy is a 3-month intensive learning program, with a focus on learning the basics of biology and biotechnology, how to make a DIY bio lab and Open Source hardware, how to work with biomaterials and how to design and conduct experiments.
The BioHack Academy (BHA) is a global, distributed course, originating at the Waag Society in Amsterdam (NL), with local nodes around the world.
The seven students of the BHA Japan went through an intense learning experience, they also created a detailed documentation of their progress and their works. The openness and sharing of the documentation will allow future generations of BHA students - and anyone interested in bio - to build upon and expand on the knowledge created during the BHA.
13:00 - 17:00 Exhibition Preview
Each student will have 30 minutes time for presentation and Q & A:
- 17:00 Introduction to BHA by Georg Tremmel (BioClub) and Kas Houthuijs (Waag)
- 17:15 Ai Hirose: Artificial Salmon Roe
- 17:45 Misa Haneda: Divination by your microbe
- 18:15 Yutaro Kawada: BHA BioAmplifier
- 18:45 Juppo Yokokawa: PCR Theremin
- 19:15 Bio Break
- 19:30 Shiho Hasegawa: Yeast-Trope
- 20:00 Youske Tsuchiya: Fab-Hack Microscope
- 20:30 Mariko Sakuragi: 3R: Research, Replicate, Reconstruct of Centrifuge